Sharp S3 with Android One OS, Snapdragon 430 SoC
Sharp S3 smartphone was launched in January 2018. The phone comes with a 5.00-inch touchscreen display with a resolution of 1080 pixels by 1920 pixels. The phone is powered by a Snapdragon 630 Soc with 4GB of RAM and 64GB of internal storage. The phone will come with a dual-rear camera setup and will run on Android 7.1. The Sharp S3 Android One phone features a IPX5/8 waterproof, IP6X dustproof and military-grade shock resistant chassis.
The Sharp S3 is powered by octa-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 430 processor and it comes with 4GB of RAM. What this means is the processor has Octa cores in the CPU and 4 GB of RAM ensures the phone runs smoothly with multiple applications open simultaneously. The Sharp Aquos S3 also packs in a graphics processor, and 64 GB of internal storage and does not support expandable storage.
As far as the cameras are concerned, The main camera on the Sharp Aquos S3 is a 12 + 13 MP shooter with Auto Focus, Face Detection, HDR, Panorama Mode, Geo-tagging, Touch Focus, Digital Zoom, Video Recording. The smartphone also has a Front Facing Camera capable of shooting 16 MP selfies.
The Sharp S3 runs Android Oreo and is powered by a 2700mAh removable battery with a promised talk time of 22 hours on LTE network and standby time of 605 hours. It measures 144.00 x 71.00 x 8.50 (height x width x thickness) and weigh 143.00 grams. It can be availed in four colors like Turquoise, Navy Black, White and Pink. Since the smartphone features thick bezels around the display, it is quite evident that the company has not focused on making Sharp S3 Android One an aesthetically pleasing device.
The smartphone does not house a fingerprint scanner either on its home button or its back. This Dual SIM smartphone supports 4G/LTE with VoLTE network and comes with all basic connectivity options like WiFi, GPS, Bluetooth 4.2 etc. This handset is water and dust resistant (IP 68), and a Type-C USB port is placed on its bottom.
Sharp Aquos S3 Smartphone Full Specification
- Brand – Sharp
- Model – Aquos S3
- Alternative Names – Sharp Aquos S3 4G
- Device Type – Android 4G Smartphone
- CPU – Octa-core 1.4 GHz Cortex-A53 CPU Clock
- Chipset – Qualcomm Snapdragon 430 MSM8937, 64-bit Processor
- GPU – Qualcomm Adreno 505 GPU
- Camera – 13 Megapixels f/1.8, with Dual-LED and AF Rear Camera | 5 Megapixel f/2.0, Pixel Size Front Camera
- Memory – RAM- 3GB LPDDR3, 800MHz | ROM 32GB External Memory Supports Up to 256GB
- Display – Screen size 5.0-inches IGZO, IPS LCD Display (1920 x 1080 Pixels) 24-bit, Corning Gorilla Glass Protection
- Battery – Non-Removable 2,700 mAh Lithium-ion
- SIM – Dual Hybrid SIM (Nano-SIM + Nano/microSD) with Dual Standby
- Sensors – Proximity Sensor, Accelerometer, Light Sensor, Compass
- Color – Gree, Pink, White, Black
- Operating System – Android 8.0 Oreo
- I/O Interface – 1 x Nano SIM Card Slot, 1 x Nano SIM Card Slot or microSD/TF Card Slot, 2.0 Type-C USB Port, Audio Out Port, Power Button, Volume Button, Microphone, Speaker
- Dimensions – 144 mm x 71 mm x 8.5 mm
- Weight – 143 Grams (With Battery)
- Price – $299 Approx
- More Feature – Aluminum Alloy Design, Dual Camera, Wi-Fi, GPS, Dual SIM, USB Type-C, IGZO IPS Display, 16:9 ratio, IPX5/ IPX8/ IP6X/ MIL-compliant, 441 PPI.
Recommended Post: Samsung Galaxy J7+ With Dual Camera Setup, Dual WhatsApp Support
Currently, the Sharp S3 Android One phone is exclusively available in Japan through Y!mobile with a price tag of 32,400 Yen (~$300), Sharp has built a tough little phone here. The S3 is water/dust resistant and MIL-SPEC rated for drops. There’s still a lot we don’t know about this phone, but we do know that it will be available in 4 colors on “Y! Mobile.”