Q&A: How to Recover Deleted Text Messages
Question from Opeyemi: Last night I unintentionally deleted my mobile phone data, but recognized that I should have do a new backup. Wonder if there is any way for me to Recover Deleted Text Messages from my Samsung Galaxy Note 5. Thanks in advance.
Simmyideas’s answer: Opeyemi, you have accidentally deleted all your text messages – or even just a single, important message – you need to act fast. Lost messages are recoverable, but only until the portion of memory on which they were saved is over-written by an app update, file download or similar. So grab your phone and computer and learn how to recover deleted text messages on Android.Retrieving these data can be done using Android Data Recovery, an app designed to restore contacts, text messages, call history, photos, WhatsApp history, videos, audios, documents. This article will deal with recovering your deleted text messages.
To restore your lost SMS Text Messages follow the steps listed below:
- Step 1: Download and install the Android Recovery software on your PC. Download here.
- Step 2: Connect your Android smartphone to your computer using a USB cable
- Step 3: Go to your Android Settings and Turn-on the USB debugging. This debugging option helps the computer software to access your Android Device in an advanced way.
- Step 4: To turn on the USB debugging option, go to Settings>>>About Phone>>>Tap on the Build Number severally until it pops up the message; ‘You are under developer mode’
- Step 5: Go back to you Android Settings, locate Developer Options, and Check USB debugging.
- Step 6: Tap the start icon on the Android Recovery software on your PC and it will start scanning all the lost messages.
- Step 7: When the software is through with the scanning, you’ll have a list of things displayed on your screen.
- Step 8: Tap on the messaging option on the left menu bar and it will display all the messages stored on your smartphone including the deleted ones.
- Step 9: Click on the ‘Recovery Button’ on the bottom of the screen to start recovering process. Make sure your phone battery is more than 30% before initiating this process.
So, this is the end of the guide. Have you ever lost your text messages by accident? Did you manage to recover them? Share your tips and experiences in the comments.