Download Pokemon Go, and you’ll find yourself dealing with the same premise – gotta catch them all. However, this time, you’ll be doing so by walking the streets of your city.—so get your shoes on, step outside, and explore the world. You’ll join one of three teams and battle for the prestige and ownership of Gyms with your Pokémon at your side.
Pokémon are out there, and you need to find them. As you walk around a neighborhood, your smartphone will vibrate when there’s a Pokémon nearby. Take aim and throw a Poké Ball… You’ll have to stay alert, or it might get away!
How to play Pokemon GO
The game encourages physical activity by requiring you to be outdoors to hunt Pokémons, using the GPS in your smartphone and augmented reality technology you will be able to locate Pokémons nearby, your smartphone will vibrate to inform you when a Pokémon is near.
There are also what is called a “PokéStop” (appear as blue cubes in the map) where will find wild and probaply rare Pokémons and “Pokémon Gyms” where battles between teams take place. Both “PokéStop” and “Pokémon Gyms” are located at attraction places like museums and historical sites.
When a player encounters a Pokémon he/she can capture it with his/her Poké Ball by throwing the ball at the Pokémon by swiping in an upward movement toward the Pokémon, then the Pokémon will be logged into the player’s Pokédex. When you successfully capture a Pokémon you will be awarded with game currencies that the player can then use to increase Pokémon’s combat power and accelerate Pokémons evolution.
Search far and wide for Pokémon and items
Certain Pokémon appear near their native environment—look for Water-type Pokémon by lakes and oceans. Visit PokéStops, found at interesting places like museums, art installations, historical markers, and monuments, to stock up on Poké Balls and helpful items.
Catching, hatching, evolving, and more
As you level up, you’ll be able to catch more-powerful Pokémon to complete your Pokédex. You can add to your collection by hatching Pokémon Eggs based on the distances you walk. Help your Pokémon evolve by catching many of the same kind.
Take on Gym battles and defend your Gym
As your Charmander evolves to Charmeleon and then Charizard, you can battle together to defeat a Gym and assign your Pokémon to defend it against all comers.
Pokemon GO features
- The game is both social and interactive.
- The game encourages physical activity.
- Unique gameplay based on augmented reality technology.
- Each player can have a customized avatar.
- Team-up and battle other teams at Pokémon Gyms.
- Trade Pokémons with other players to gain game-currency.
- The game is free.
New! Team GO Rocket has invaded the world of Pokémon GO! Battle with Team GO Rocket Grunts as you restore PokéStops and rescue Pokémon.
Join Trainers across the globe who are discovering Pokémon as they explore the world around them. Pokémon GO is the global gaming sensation that has been downloaded over 1 billion times and named “Best Mobile Game” by the Game Developers Choice Awards and “Best App of the Year” by TechCrunch.
- This app is free-to-play and offers in-game purchases. It is optimized for smartphones, not tablets.
- Compatible with Android devices that have 2GB RAM or more and have Android Version 4.4 – 6.0 installed.
- Compatibility is not guaranteed for devices without GPS capabilities or devices that are connected only to Wi-Fi networks
- Not compatible with Android devices that use Intel Atom processors.
- Compatibility with tablet devices is not guaranteed.
- Application may not run on certain devices even if they have compatible OS versions installed.
- It is recommended to play while connected to a network in order to obtain accurate location information.
- Compatibility information may be changed at any time.
- Please visit www.PokemonGO.com for additional compatibility information.
Should you download it?
Yes, if you heard about the game and felt drawn to the hype. It provides a unique playing experience that is completely addictive – and healthy!