The program supports multiple sources, including media files, games, web pages, application windows, webcams, your desktop, microphone and more.
These sources can be combined. For example, you could include a web development tool, a browser window with a live preview of the site you’re updating, and a microphone to tell the viewers what you’re doing.
A Record option can save your show/ demonstration/ game/ presentation as an FLV/ MP4/ MOV/ TS/ M3U8 video with your choice of encoder and settings.
Alternatively, there’s support for live streaming via Twitch, YouTube,, DailyMotion, , , Facebook Live or .
The program doesn’t make much of an effort to lead you through all this, but it doesn’t take long to figure out the basics. Add a source, explore the settings, click Start Recording and check the video results.
What’s new in 22 (see changelog for more)?
– Source Grouping
– Source color coding
– Browser source refactor (hardware acceleration, shared texture)
OBS Studio could be easier to use, but you’ll soon learn the basics, and overall it offers plenty of video recording/ streaming power.
OBS Studio is software designed for capturing, compositing, encoding, recording, and streaming video content, efficiently.
- High performance real time video/audio capturing and mixing. Create scenes made up of multiple sources including window captures, images, text, browser windows, webcams, capture cards and more.
- Set up an unlimited number of scenes you can switch between seamlessly via custom transitions.
- Intuitive audio mixer with per-source filters such as noise gate, noise suppression, and gain. Take full control with VST plugin support.
- Powerful and easy to use configuration options. Add new Sources, duplicate existing ones, and adjust their properties effortlessly.
- Streamlined Settings panel gives you access to a wide array of configuration options to tweak every aspect of your broadcast or recording.
- Modular ‘Dock’ UI allows you to rearrange the layout exactly as you like. You can even pop out each individual Dock to it’s own window.
- OBS supports all your favorite streaming platforms like Twitch, Mixer, YouTube, and more.
OBS Studio Portable includes both the 32-bit and 64-bit versions for maximum performance and compatibility.
Specification: OBS Studio Portable 22.0.1:
- Windows 7 (32 bit),Windows 7 (64 bit),Windows 8,windows 10
- Open Source
- Open Broadcaster Software Team
- Date Added:
- Aug 30, 2018