Malwarebytes Anti-Exploit Premium & Business Versions
Malwarebytes Anti-Exploit, formerly ExploitShield by ZeroVulnerabilityLabs, protects you from zero-day exploits targeting browser and application vulnerabilities.
Its proprietary technology shields your browser and applications in that critical period between the release of a new exploit and its subsequent security patch. Easy to install and lightweight. Download Malwarebytes Anti-Exploit now and crush the most dangerous breed of malware attack.
The installation procedure takes little time to finish and does not need special attention from the user. At startup, Malwarebytes Anti-Exploit creates an icon in the system tray area and activates the protection status. You can bring up the main application window to view total shielded applications, blocked exploit attempts, and quarantined files. In the secondary tab you can view the list of third-party applications that can be guarded by Malwarebytes Anti-Exploit. It includes Firefox, Chrome, Internet Explorer and Opera, Java, Adobe Acrobat, Microsoft office tools (Word, Excel, Powerpoint), VLC Media Player, and so on.
Bad guys exploit flaws (vulnerabilities) in the code to deliver malware. Except when they can’t. Malwarebytes Anti-Exploit wraps three layers of security around popular browsers and applications, preventing exploits from compromising vulnerable code. Not an antivirus, but compatible with most antivirus, Malwarebytes Anti-Exploit is a small, specialized shield designed to protect you against one of the most dangerous forms of malware attacks.
All activity is recorded to a log window; selected entries can be excluded from the list as well as cleared. It is possible to create exclusions when it comes to guarded applications. Malwarebytes Anti-Exploit runs on a barely noticeable amount of CPU and RAM, so it is not a concern to the computer’s overall performance. Since it minimizes to the taskbar, it does not interfere in the user’s regular activity. We have not come across any issues throughout our evaluation, as the app did not hang, crash or pop up error dialogs.
All in all, Malwarebytes Anti-Exploit is a simple yet effective tool for safeguarding programs against e-threats. Since it does not comprise a complex configuration set, the tool is accessible for advanced users as well as rookies. The software is not an antivirus product in itself, but it is compatible with most antivirus software.
Operating System: Windows 7, 8/8.1, 10
Key Features of Malwarebytes Anti-Exploit:
- Protects Internet Explorer, Firefox, Chrome, and Opera browsers
- Protects browser components, including Java, Adobe Reader, Flash, and Shockwave
- Defends against drive-by download attacks
- Shields vulnerable applications, including Microsoft Office, Adobe Reader, Apple Quicktime, and VLC Player
- Blocks unknown and common exploit kits, including Blackhole, Sakura, Phoenix, and Incognito
- Is compatible with most common anti-malware and antivirus products
- Doesn’t use a signature database—no need for constant updating
- Engine (DLL) code re-write to improve stability and compatibility.
- Added mitigations DEP Enformcement, Anti-HeapSpraying and BottomUp ASLR.
- Added new Layer0 “Application Hardening” protections.
- Added Layer1 new generic ROP protection mitigations.
- Added Layer1 new StackPivoting 64bit protection mitigation.
- Added Layer2 new caller mitigations for 64bits.
- Added Layer3 new application behavior mitigations.
- Added trial mode to allow for testing of Premium version.
- Added Quarantine of blocked payloads from Layer3 detections.
- Added filename details for default and custom shields.
- Added graphic user interface bitmaps.
- Added new “Protection stopped” traybar balloon.
- Added new counter which counts apps instead of processes.
- Improved IPC communication between Service and protection DLL.
- Improved management of 64bit processes by keeping mbae64.exe running.
- Improved “other” custom shield profile to reduce potential FPs.
- Improved Foxit Reader default shield to shield the latest version.
- Improved exploit threat telemetry and logging.
- Fixed false positive when opening Word or Excel under certain conditions.
- Fixed false positive when installing and running Silverlight for the first time.
- Fixed injection driver to resolve conflicts with third-party applications.
- Fixed multi-select and edit options in Shields and Exclusions tab.
- Fixed traybar icon right-click bug under Windows 8.1.
- Fixed UI closing when right-clicking on traybar icon.
- Fixed bug when double-clicking the traybar icon with UI open.
- Fixed issues with shielded apps counter with Chrome and Java.
- Fixed bug when uninjecting under certain conditions.
- Fixed remaining issues which caused Java FPs under certain conditions.
- Fixed DoS condition in the MBAE driver.