Kaspersky Virus Removal Tool is a portable app designed to scan and disinfect an infected computer from viruses and other types of malicious programs. They do however offer a free on-demand scanner called Kaspersky Virus Removal Tool, also known as AVPTool that can scan system memory, hidden startup objects, disk boot sectors, email, and hard drives for malware. Since it is an on-demand scanner, it does not automatically protect your computer in real time but you can use it to run a full scan whenever you want without fearing that it will conflict with a different antivirus software that is installed in Windows.
Kaspersky is well known for their antivirus and internet security software which effectively protects the computer from cyber threats such as malware in real time. It is not unusual for Kaspersky to be rated as one of the best if not the best by independent antivirus testing groups such as AV-TEST, Dennis Technology Labs and Virus Bulletin’s VB100.
Kaspersky Virus Removal Tool is a stand-alone niche tool and not a complete anti-virus package.
- Automatic and manual removal of viruses, Trojans, and worms.
- Automatic and manual removal of Spyware and Adware modules.
- Automatic and manual removal of all types of rootkits.
Things you should know before using Kaspersky Virus Removal Tool:
- Technical support is provided only for users of Kaspersky Anti-Virus and Kaspersky Internet Security. If you are not a user of a Kaspersky Lab product, then in order to get technical support available for the tool, visit Kaspersky Labs.
- The tool should be used for disinfection purpose under expert guidance.
- Unguided creation of scripts can result in a data loss or crippled computer.
- Having a virus on your computer always comes with a risk of crippling it or losing data. Kaspersky Lab does not take any responsibility for the possible harm inflicted by a virus during disinfection.
After downloading, there’s no need to install anything – just follow these simple steps:
- Open the downloaded file.
- Run Kaspersky Virus Removal Tool.