How to Convert a JPG to a PDF, Converting a JPG to a PDF couldn’t be simpler with a few common tools.
Many websites only accept certain file types when you try to upload something. This is pretty common for resumes, cover letters, and writing samples. You can convert a JPG file into a PDF in Windows 10 by changing some of the settings in your Print menu.
- Although most programs can use either a JPG or PDF, some apps and websites can only take PDFs.
- A JPG is an image format, while a PDF is a more print-friendly document format.
This article explains how to convert a JPG to a PDF on Windows 10, online, iOS, and Android.
How to Convert an Image to PDF in Windows 10
You can use Microsoft Print to PDF virtual printer to convert an image to PDF from anywhere that has a Print function.
Select the JPG in File Explorer. Right-click on the selected file and select Print. Alternatively, select the Share tab and then choose Print.
Select Microsoft Print to PDF as the printer in the Print Pictures dialog.
Choose your preferences for Paper size, Quality, and the number of copies.
Select the print layout from the sidebar on the right. Print Pictures also allows you to select multiple JPG files and merge them into one PDF within the layout options.
- Select Print to open the Save Print Output As dialog where you can enter the name and select the location of the PDF file. ” If you don’t see the Microsoft Print to PDF feature in the Print dialog, then go to Control Panel > Programs > Turn Windows features on or off > Enable Microsoft Print to PDF in the list of Windows optional features.
How to Convert Images to PDF Online
Use these two clutter-free web tools to convert JPG to PDF instantly.
Drag and drop an image file (JPG, PNG, BMP, and more) into Adobe.com’s online tool to convert to PDF.
To use Smallpdf, drag and drop a JPG file or select an online source like Google Drive or Dropbox.
How to Change JPG to PDF in iOS
The Files app makes it convenient to convert JPG to PDF in a few taps and you do not have to download any image converter app. The instructions below apply to an iPhone with iOS 14.
Save image files from Photos to Files.
Open Files and long-press on the file that you want to convert.
Tap Create PDF and the newly converted file is saved in the same location as the image.
- Move the file to a new location or share it from the Files app.
How to Change JPG to PDF in Android
In an Android phone, you can convert an image to PDF from the Gallery. The Print feature also gives you options to set the size of the PDF document. The instructions below apply to a Samsung phone.
Open the Photo Gallery.
Select the image or images you want to convert to PDF.
Tap on the three-dotted menu icon on top. Select Print > Save as PDF.
- Choose the number of copies, paper size, and orientation. Tap the PDF icon to save the PDF file to any folder in the internal storage of your phone.
Why Convert a JPG to a PDF?
Converting a JPG to PDF or even several images files to a single PDF has several benefits. It can help you maintain the quality of your image files, present them better, and distribute it more efficiently.