The iPhone X is Apple’s new flagship 10th anniversary iPhone featuring a 5.8-inch OLED display, facial recognition and 3D camera functionality, a glass body, and an A11 Bionic processor. Launched November 3, 2017. A great blend of handheld comfort and a big, gorgeous OLED screen. Rear telephoto camera outshoots the 8 Plus in low light, and the front camera snaps impressive portrait selfies. Face ID generally works fine.
Your notifications and alerts aren’t anyone’s business but your own, which is what makes this anti-Peeping Tom feature so great. Give the lock screen a sidelong glance and your list of notifications simply shows you the apps that are alerting you: Gmail, text, Facebook Messenger and so on.
But when the iPhone X’s depth-sensing Face ID camera recognizes you, the details of the alert fill in. You suddenly see the sender and the actual message; either the full text if it’s short or an excerpt if it’s long.
A complete overhaul of the design
- 143.6 x 70.9 x 7.7mm, 174g
- Stainless steel and toughened glass design
- IP67 water protection
- Edge-to-edge Super Retina Display
A new Super Retina display
- 5.8-inch OLED Super Retina display
- 2436 x 1125 pixels, 458ppi
- True Tone, HDR10 and Dolby Vision support
- 625 nits brightness
Unlocking your iPhone with Face ID
- Biometric unlocking using your face
- Secure and hardware-based
- Won’t be fooled by photos or masks
- Will work with apps as Touch ID did
Apple iPhone X cameras and photography
- Two rear 12-megapixel cameras, wide and telephoto
- Optical image stabilisation on both
- Wide f/1.8, telephoto f/2.4 apertures
- Portrait Lighting
Say hello to Animoji
- Can be used by anyone
- Brings certain emojis to life
- Saved as .mov file that can be shared with anyone
A new Apple A11 Bionic processor
- Apple A11 Bionic chip, M11 motion coprocessor
- Qi wireless charging
- Stereo speakers
- Fast cable charging supported
iPhone X is an overdue and winning evolution of the iPhone, but you’ll need to leave your comfort zone to make a jump into the face-recognizing future.