However, there are many situations that you would like to restore/factory reset iPhone from recovery mode without iTunes, for example:
- When iTunes fails to restore the disabled/locked iPhone or get iPhone out of recovery/DFU mode.
- iTunes shows error 3194, 4013, 4014, 9, 51, etc. when you try to restore iPhone with iTunes.
- When you don’t get any iTunes backup;
- When you only need to extract several contacts/photos instead of restoring the whole iTunes backup
Restore iPhone in Recovery Mode with iTunes (All Data Erased)
- Start by connecting your USB to your computer only.
- Hold the power button until the below screen appears then slide to power it off.
- Hold down the iPhone’s home button then connect it to the USB cable that was already connected to your computer.
- Once you’ve seen the recovery logo as shown above, release the home button. At that point your iPhone will be in recovery.
- Now direct your attention to iTunes. It should display a dialog box confirming that you’re in recovery mode. In that box you can then click “Restore”, as seen below, to restore the device to a previously saved backup file.
How to Restore iPhone without iTunes in Recovery Mode (No Data Loss)
Using iTunes to restore an iPhone in recovery mode ultimately has its limitations. One example of that is losing data on your device that hadn’t been backed up. It’s incredibly beneficial to have a program that allows you to restore your device without iTunes.
Your best option is dr.fone toolkit – Repair. It is the world’s 1st iPhone and iPad Data Recovery Software and the best option for resolving any issues you may encounter with virtually every iOS device. Some of the features that make dr.fone so reliable include;