It is no longer news that Apple released iOS 11.1.1, the sixth official update to the iOS 11 operating system. iOS 11.1.1 comes a week and a half after Apple released iOS 11.1, the first major update to iOS 11. iOS 11.1 introduced new emoji and included several important bug fixes
If you have limited space on your device or software update isn’t working for whatever reason, you can update using iTunes.
- Make sure you have a recent iTunes backup. Make it encrypted so all your password and other private data is preserved.
- Launch iTunes on your Mac or Windows PC.
- Plug your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch in using your USB to Lightning or USB to 30-pin Dock cable.
- Click on the device icon at the top left to go to the device tab.
- Click on Check for Update in the Summary pane.
- Click on Download and Update
- Agree to the Terms and Conditions.
- Enter the Passcode on your iPhone or iPad, if prompted.
How to install iOS 11.1 over the developer or public beta
Though the build number isn’t different between Apple’s GM betas and the final version of iOS 11, some users are having trouble installing the final version of watchOS 4 with a beta version of iOS 11. Here’s how to rectify that:
How to switch from iOS 11 beta
If you signed up for the iOS 11 beta program earlier this year, your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch is likely still enrolled. Luckily, switching from the iOS beta to a stable public release isn’t terribly difficult.
Here’s how to switch from the iOS 11 beta on an iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch:
- Open the Settings menu, and then tap General and Profiles.
- Tap on the Beta profile. Remove it by tapping Delete Profile.
- Enter your passcode and tap Delete a second time, if prompted.
- Shut down and restart your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch.
Switching from iTunes is another option.
Here’s how to switch from the iOS 11 beta using a PC or MAC:
- Make sure you have the latest version of iTunes installed, start it up, and plug your iOS device in.
- While your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch is connected, press and hold the Sleep/Wake and Home buttons at the same time. Release them you see the Apple logo and the iPhone, iPhone, iPod touch enters Recovery Mode.
- Tap Update on your PC or Mac when prompted.
- Tap Update a second time to download and install the public, non-beta version of iOS 11, and tap Agree on your PC or Mac to agree to the Terms and Conditions.