How To Receive And Send Files Online Using Skype
By this article, you will be learning how to receive and send files online using Skype on your Windows 7, 8 and 8.1. Sending and Transferring Files on Skype is an easy task. All you have to do is following these simple steps which are elaborated below.
Skype is one of the best and useful online communication tool that not only allows making video calls or chatting, but also used for file sharing. For Windows 7, 8, and 8.1, it works as the best. With Skype you can even share files with contacts while getting involved in active conversation. What comes as a delight for Skype users intending to send files is that there is no limit to the size or number of files you can send or receive.
- Firstly you have to download Skype For Windows Desktop. Install the software on your computer.
- Start the software of Skype on your system. Login to your account. If you do not have an account, Create an account by signing up
- Look up for the contact you would like to share the file with
- You can use the search bar for searching your required contact. Select the contact from the search results.
- Then, search for your file name using the Search charm in Windows 8 (Win+F) or the Start menu in Windows 7.
- Right click or tap-and-hold the file in the search results and select Open file location.
- Drag and drop the file onto the Skype icon on your taskbar.
- You can now see a pop-up appearing instantly when the action is completed.
So, this is the simplest method of sending a file through Skype on Windows. It is particularly important to mention here that there are, however, two cases where you can do things a little faster. How? If you don’t know the name of the file you would want to send but you do know its location, and the second, if you have the file on your desktop.
If any of the above mentioned two cases applies to you, the quickest and simplest way to send your file is to press Ctrl+Shift+F after step 1 and then use the Windows explorer to browse to the desired file.
When you receive a file, it will be displayed in your conversation window. Click on Save as, and select the location where you want to save the file.
Skype is being used by many users across the world. So make it a better and the simplest way to share any file you wish to.
Was it Helpful? Then don’t forget to share this with others too, you may never know that your share may be proven helpful for many of the users out there. So, keep sharing and keep helping.