Question from Abdulmaleek: Hi Simmy, Help me figure out what is wrong with my Laptop, My Hp Laptop Runs on Windows 8.
It Hangs often and it restarts automatically when operating it, please kindly tell me the possible soultion to it. I know Ur tips will Help.
Simmyideas Answer: While using Windows 8, this kind of issue issue where the computer hangs often and it restarted is rare. This might happen due to incorrect or bad clusters in the hard disk drive or due to some issues with the system files.
How to Fix Windows 8 Hanging at Restart
To fix this issue, step-by-step instructions given below must be followed:
- As the computer restarts, press F8 key continuously to display the Advanced Boot Options screen.
- On Advanced Boot Options screen, select Safe Mode by pressing down arrow and press Enter to start Windows 8 computer in safe mode.
- Once started in safe mode, log on to Windows 8 computer with the administrator account.
- Click Desktop tile from the Start screen to go to the desktop window.
- Once on the desktop screen, hover mouse to the bottom right corner of the window.
- From the displayed options, click Search.
- On the opened Search pane in the right, ensure that Apps category.
- On the same pane, type CMD in Apps field.
- From the displayed results on Apps window, right-click Command Prompt.
- From the displayed advanced options at the bottom of the window, click Run as administrator.
- On the displayed User Account Control box, click Yes to provide the administrator approval to open the command prompt with the elevated privileges.
- On command prompt window, type SFC /SCANNOW command and press Enter to perform the scanning of system files.
Hope this Helps