Grow your following on the popular video-sharing app; How to Get Followers on TikTok
This article will show you how to grow your TikTok followers by taking advantage of the app’s features and audience.
Don’t buy TikTok followers for fast (and often low-quality) follower gains. Instead, aim to grow your following organically (that is, with great content posted often). Any app, site or social media account that claims to give you more TikTok followers may use controversial tactics or be a complete scam.
How to Grow Your TikTok Following; How to Get Followers on TikTok
The best way to get more followers on TikTok is by creating great content, but there are many other ways to get attention on the social media platform.
Complete your profile.You’re more likely to gain followers by having an interesting looking profile that shows off your personality or brand.
Tap Me in the bottom menu, then tap Edit profile to customize your profile photo, video, name, username, bio and optionally add nonprofit, Instagram or YouTube links.
2. Find people you already know on TikTok. If you’re starting from zero, you can easily get your first few followers just by following people in your existing contacts or other social networks and getting a few followbacks from them.
Tap Me in the bottom menu followed by the person and plus sign icon in the top left corner of your profile. From here, you can use the search bar to look for a specific username, Invite friends, Find contacts or Find Facebook friends.
3. Follow and engage with accounts you’re interested in. Accounts that see you as a new follower may decide to check your profile out and follow you back if they like what they see.
The easiest ways to find new accounts to follow is through the Discover tab. Tap Discover in the bottom menu and use the search bar at the top to search for something/someone or tap any of the trending hashtags to watch videos and follow their creators.
While it’s fine to follow popular accounts with huge followings, you’re more likely to be noticed and followed back by smaller accounts. You may also be able to increase your chances of being followed back by following accounts that post similar content to yours.
4. Create and post great videos. The more entertaining or insightful your content is, the more people will want to follow you to see more of what you’ll post.
You can improve your videos by:
- Watching popular TikTok videos to see what’s already performing well;
- Selecting a popular theme for your videos like dance, lip-syncing, education, tutorial, humor or social media challenge; and
- Upgrading your video equipment (such as your camera and lighting).
Here’s how to create and post your first TikTok video if you’ve never done it before.
5. Use hashtags in your captions. Using hashtags makes your content easier to discover, which can increase your likelihood of gaining new followers.
When considering which hashtags to use, try the following:
- Research hashtags for your niche (including those used by popular accounts and/or posts that have gone viral) and keep a list to refer to when crafting your captions.
- Always check the trending hashtags on the Discover tab before posting to see if your video is relevant to any of them.
- Participate in existing hashtag challenges or create your own.
You can include as many hashtags as you want in a caption, but bear in mind captions are limited to 100 characters, so choose your hashtags wisely.
6. Analyze your stats to find out what’s working for you. When you know which videos correlate to the biggest increases in followers, you can create more of those types of videos to keep growing your followers.
To gain access to your analytics, you have to switch to a Pro account if you haven’t done so already.
Tap Me in the bottom menu followed by the three dots in the top right corner. Then tap Manage account > Switch to Pro Account.
Select Creator or Business and follow the instructions to set up your Pro account.
You’ll be able to select a new Analytics option under Account in your Settings tab, which includes a Followers tab showing growth and insights about your audience.; How to Get Followers on TikTok
7. Post on a regular schedule. You’re more likely to gain followers if you post new content more often as opposed to once every few weeks or months.
Refer to your analytics to see what days and times that your audience is most active, then plan your posts around these times. The more your existing followers engage with your content, the higher your chances of showing up more in the For You tab of new people who could turn into potential followers.