AirPods are quite easy to lose. Way too easy to lose. If you’re the forgetful kind, you can quite easily forget the small AirPods case. And a single AirPod is easy to lose in the gym or when changing clothes. If you lost your AirPods , don’t shell out for a new pair just yet, there’s an easy trick for locating them, so long as they aren’t dead or out of range all you need is access to Apple’s Find My iPhone service. Here’s a step-by-step guide for how to track down your Missing AirPods.
Even before AirPods released publicly, a slew of companies started selling dedicated AirPods neck straps, basically a piece of wire or string that attaches to the ends of both AirPods.
It seemed no one wants to take a chance on losing their AirPods, even before trying them on!
Requirements for Using Find My AirPods
In order to use Find My AirPods, you’ll need:
- An iOS device running iOS 10.3 or higher.
- Your AirPods paired with that iOS device (While AirPods are compatible with non-Apple devices, you can only use Find My AirPods with Apple devices).
- An active iCloud account.
- Find My iPhone enabled on your iOS device before you lose your AirPods.
How to find missing AirPods
- Login to your Apple account on iCloud.com
- Choose “Find iPhone”
- Under “All Devices” select your AirPods.
- You’ll see them on a map.
- Choose “Play a sound” if you need help locating them somewhere nearby.
Do you love your AirPods? Have you lost and recover them yet? Share with us in the comments below.