Don’t you know Bittorrent? It’s that P2P netowrk that allows you to share files with other people and there are many desktop clients to use it with no problems., An advanced and multi-platform BitTorrent client with a nice Qt user interface as well as a Web UI for remote control and an integrated search engine. qBittorrent aims to meet the needs of most users while using as little CPU and memory as possible.
qBittorrent is based on Qt4 toolkit and libtorrent-rasterbar. qBittorrent is developed by volunteers on their spare time. If you like this piece of software, please make a donation and help it survive. Additionally, qBittorrent runs and provides the same features on all major platforms (Linux, Mac OS X, Windows, OS/2, FreeBSD).
It features extensible search engine that is well integrated into the application. You can perform simultaneous searches and per category specific search request for numerous different types of files and multimedia.
- Polished µTorrent-like User Interface
- Well-integrated and extensible Search Engine
- Simultaneous search in most famous BitTorrent search sites
- Per-category-specific search requests (e.g. Books, Music, Movies)
- All Bittorrent extensions
- DHT, Peer Exchange, Full encryption, Magnet/BitComet URIs, …
- Remote control through a Web user interface
- Nearly identical to the regular UI, all in Ajax
- Advanced control over trackers, peers and torrents
- Torrents queueing and prioritizing
- Torrent content selection and prioritizing
- UPnP / NAT-PMP port forwarding support
- Available in ~25 languages (Unicode support)
- Torrent creation tool
- Advanced RSS support with download filters (inc. regex)
- Bandwidth scheduler
- IP Filtering (eMule and PeerGuardian compatible)
- IPv6 compliant
- Sequential downloading (aka “Download in order”)
- Available on most platforms: Linux, Mac OS X, Windows, OS/2, FreeBSD
qBittorrent encompasses Qt4 user interface as well as a Web user interface that enables a remote control for searching content downloads. qBittorent supports all BitTorrent extensions such as DHT, Peer Exchange, Full encryption, and Magnet/Bitcomet URI’s.
qBittorrent also feature UPnP/ NAT-PMP port forwarding support, advance RSS support with download filters, bandwidth scheduler, IP filtering and is IPv6 compliant. Overall. qBittorrent has some really useful features and it is a good effort at the P2P market. It provides the same functionality across 3 major platforms (Windows, Mac OS, and Linux), and is a lightweight application that uses minimal amounts CPU and RAM.
It contains various qbittorrent and libtorrent networking fixes. Now most issues with VPNs and SOCKS5 proxies should be fixed.
ATTENTION WINDOWS USERS: There’s a “qBittorrent” app on the Windows Store which costs money. It isn’t an official release nor it is coming from us. The person publicizing it doesn’t have permission to use the qBittorrent name/logo.
- Bugfix: Fix sub-sorting of Transfer list (glassez)
- Bugfix: Fix wrong logic that disables “prevent sleeping” timer (Chocobo1)
- Bugfix: Set disk cache size for older libtorrent versions (NotTsunami)
- Bugfix: Sort locale language list (Chocobo1)
- Bugfix: Remove white outline around mascot.png (adem)
- Bugfix: Various fixes in configuring the chosen network interface and not leaking the IP (Raif Atef, an0n666)
- Bugfix: Save “resume data” when torrent storage is moved (glassez)
- Bugfix: Avoid holding encoded resume data in memory (Chocobo1)
- Bugfix: Fix date format for “Last seen complete” (Chocobo1)
- Bugfix: Remove deprecated strict super seeding mode from advanced settings (an0n666)
- Bugfix: Change default stop_tracker_timeout settings (an0n666)
- Bugfix: Convert the Log widget to use custom View/Model (jagannatharjun)
- Bugfix: Change default upload slot choking limits (an0n666)
- Bugfix: Don’t uncheck Authentication checkbox when changing proxy type (thalieht)
- Bugfix: Reduce ambiguity for selecting tray icons (Chocobo1)
- WebUI: Fix unable to add multiple peers in WebUI (Sepro)
- WebUIFix UPnP lease duration get/set (NotTsunami)
- Search: Detect python3 executable on Windows (József Sallai)
qBittorrent is very easy to use and it works pretty well. So if you are tired of your common Bittorrent client, you can give it a try.