Easily extract MP3 audio from video files
This article outlines how to convert video to audio on Windows, Mac, iOS, and Android devices using FreeConvert.com and Y2Mate.com.
What to Know
- The easiest way to convert video to audio is with a free online tool. We recommend FreeConvert.com and Y2Mate.com.
- Open FreeConvert.com > MUSIC Converters > MP3 > Choose Files > Find your video > Open > Convert To MP3.
- To convert YouTube videos without downloading them, go to Y2Mate.com > paste the video URL into the search bar > Start > MP3.
How to Convert Video to Audio File with FreeConvert.com
The easiest way to change video to audio is to use one of the numerous websites that perform the entire conversion process on their servers for free.
One of the best file converter websites is FreeConvert.com as it has minimal advertising, supports a wide variety of file type conversions (including MP3), and can be accessed via any web browser.
Most video podcasts have audio versions available on podcasting platforms such as Spotify, Stitcher, Anchor, and iTunes.
Open FreeConvert.com in your preferred web browser.
- Under MUSIC Converters, click MP3.
- Click Choose Files to upload a video from your device.
- Your device’s file explorer should open. Use it to find the video you want to convert and click Open or Done.
- You should now see your video file’s name and file size on the web page. Click Convert To MP3 to upload it to the FreeConvert servers and begin the conversion process.
- Once your video has finished being processed, the word Done will appear. Click Download MP3 to download your new MP3 audio file to your device.
How to Capture Audio From YouTube Videos
Ripping audio from a YouTube video can also be done via the above method but first, you’ll need to download the YouTube video to your device before you can upload it to the FreeConvert website. Downloading YouTube videos can be done on all operating systems such as Linux, Mac, iOS, and Android.
You can also save videos from other sites such as Twitter, Facebook, Snapchat, Instagram, and TikTok and extract their audio the same way. Videos saved from Xbox, PlayStation, and Nintendo Switch video game recordings can also be used.
If you’d much rather skip the downloading process and jump straight to the MP3 conversion, this can be done on Y2Mate.com by pasting the YouTube video’s web address or URL into the search bar, clicking Start, and then selecting MP3 from the download options.
You can also get audio from YouTube videos using an array of tools, including Audacity, with a little work.
Once you have your MP3 file, you can open it in your usual audio app or send it to your smartphone for listening when on-the-go. If you have trouble finding the ripped audio file, try checking your web browser’s Downloads folder.