SEO has long been a key component in any successful marketing strategy., SEO has evolved and grown to a broad field of operations. The Best SEO Tools is one of the most important digital marketing skills, yet some say it takes the longest to master. It’s a well-known fact in the industry that everything you create online (be it a website, a blog post, a video — or practically anything else).
There are many ways to boost your website rankings in the SERPs (Search Engine Result Pages). There are multiple processes to see through and manage.
So without further ado, we’ve compiled them all on this list.
Let’s take a look at some of the best SEO tools you can use in 2020.
- Ahrefs – the fastest tool with an intuitive user interface
- SEMrush – best all-around solution for businesses of all sizes
- Moz – best all-in-one SEO toolset solution
- SE Ranking – best for keeping an eye on the competition
- WooRank – best for website review and SEO strategy monitoring
- SpyFu – best for identifying the most profitable keyword
- Seobility – best for real-time website monitoring
- Majestic – best for creating detailed presentations
- SEOQuake – best for quickly discovering trends
- Authority Labs – best for monitoring multiple websites
Ahrefs is a great source of the best SEO tools all rolled into one. It’s perfect for the beginner and the pro. Ahrefs helps you learn why your competitors rank so high and what you need to do to outrank them. You can use the Ahrefs suite of tools to explore your website’s SEO, find keywords for your content, explore what content is getting the most traffic online, perform a site audit, and more.
- Competitive analysis – discover the exact keywords your competition ranks for.
- Keyword research – get relevant keywords suggestions and ideas.
- Backlink research – see all backlinks and SEO metrics.
- Content research – identify the best content to grow leads and capture sales.
- Rank tracking – track both mobile and desktop keyword rankings.
- Web monitoring – get backlinks, keywords, and mention alerts in real-time.
- Lite plan – $99 per month
- Standard – $179 per month
- Advanced – $399 per month
- Agency – $999 per month
SEMrush is a leading competitor analysis tool that helps users evaluate their competitors as well as their own content. It provides robust metrics and allows users to get top-performing pages, content, and keywords. Semrush is one of the essential tools in the toolbox of SEO professionals. When it comes to the best SEO tools out there, SemRUSH definitely deserves a spot on the very top of our list.
The Best SEO Tools offers help for SEO, PPC, ad campaigns, backlinks, keyword research, SERP, and much more.
- Organic research – discover organic competitors and identify their best keywords.
- Advertising research – monitor and localize your ad campaigns and landing pages.
- Display advertising tool – smart audience targeting and competitor analysis.
- Backlinks – understand DA and perform a deep link analysis.
- SEO keyword tool – identify the best keywords for your PPC and SEO campaigns.
- Traffic analytics – analyze your and competitors’ traffic to discover new opportunities.
- Pro plan – $99.95 per month
- Guru plan – $199.95 per month
- Business plan – $399.95 per month
- Enterprise – custom-tailored solution for your business needs
SEMrush has been successfully helping many website owners and ecommerce entrepreneurs to understand the SEO strategies of their competitors. This makes it one of the Best SEO Tools among small and medium-sized enterprises.
Backed by the largest community of SEOs on the planet, Moz builds tools that make SEO, inbound marketing, link building, and content marketing easy. The Priority rank is an amazing tool for showing which keywords have better potential than others in your list.
- Keyword tool – discover and prioritize the right keywords.
- Rank tracker – see the results of your SEO strategy.
- Site crawl – find and fix issues on your website.
- On-page optimization – optimize your on-page content for the best user experience.
- Link research – analyze your and your competitors’ link profile to find the best link building opportunities.
- Custom reports – schedule and automate compelling visual reports.
- Standard Plan – $99 per month or $950 per year ($79 monthly)
- Medium Plan – $179 per month or $1,719 per year ($143 monthly)
- Large Plan – $249 per month or $2,390 per year ($79.90 monthly)
- Premium Plan – $599 per month or $5,750 per year ($479 monthly)
The free version of Moz Keyword Explorer offers only a select number of search queries each month. By upgrading to Moz Pro; The Best SEO Tools, you have access to more queries and many other amazing tools by the company starting at $99 a month.
SE Ranking is an SEO software suite for businesses of all sizes that hope to establish and maintain a strong online presence. You can use it to expand your semantic core, track real-time keyword rankings, spy on competitors, audit your website, find and monitor backlinks, and do so much more.
- Keyword suggestion tool – get dozens of keyword suggestions relevant for your niche.
- Keyword grouper – segment keywords and use them strategically across your website.
- Marketing plan – bring SEO and marketing strategies together for ultimate success.
- Website audit – identify and rectify errors on your website.
- On-page SEO checker – check all pages for best SEO practices.
- Keyword rank tracker – real-time SEO keyword monitor on all major search engines.
- Backlink monitoring – streamline your backlinking strategy.
- SEO/PPC competitor research – identify keywords and strategies used by the competition.
- Backlink checker – examine the backlinking strategy used by the competition.
- Reports – customizable and insightful reports.
- User control – add users to SERanking and give them the control you want.
- White label – present the deliverables of SERanking services as your own.
- API – unlock the full potential of SERanking.
- Optimum – $39 per month
- Plus – $89 per month
- Enterprise $189 per month
*The prices may vary as they depend on the number of keywords targeted for real-time tracking
WooRank is the only tool you need for SEO audits, crawling, and marketing improvement.
WooRank is an automated website reviewing tool with advanced SEO auditing and monitoring, keyword tracking, competitive analysis, and a powerful site crawl. With WooRank, you can easily monitor your SEO health and get actionable advice and insights to optimize your website. WooRank also provides white-label PDF reports and a unique lead generation tool for digital marketing professionals.
WooRank’s tool offers a competitive analysis tool to help you pinpoint what your competition is doing so we can categories this as the Best SEO Tools. The Marketing Checklist gives you step-by-step instructions on what to do next to improve your SEO and your marketing strategy as a whole.
- WooRank Projects – track all your SEO projects in one place.
- Keyword tool – discover keyword opportunities and keep keywords organized.
- Site crawl – discover errors that affect your ranking.
- SEO monitoring – stay on top of keyword performance and website traffic.
- Sales tools – assess SEO performance, website usability, and technologies and use the Lead Gen tool to learn how to capture new leads and maximize conversion rates.
- WooRank Extension – SEO plugin for Firefox and Google Chrome.
- Pro – $65.65 per month or $514.37 per year ($42.87 monthly)
- Premium – $196.98 per month or $1,564.99 per year ($130.42 monthly)
- Enterprise – on-demand
WooRank offers so many insights it’s impossible to not find it incredibly useful. You can try WooRank for free for 14 days. After that, monthly plans begin at $59.99 per month.
SpyFu helps you find the most effective keywords in your niche and tracks the search marketing strategies of millions of domains. When you type the name of a competitor into the SpyFu search bar, you can see the keywords they buy and which ones their site ranks for.
- SEO research – competitor SEO analysis tool, keyword research, backlinks, domain comparison, rank tracker.
- PPC research – AdWords competitors, PPC keyword research, PPC keyword suggestions, PPC keyword grouper, AdWords templates, and Ad history.
- Keyword research – keyword research and grouping tool paired with a backlink checker.
- SEO reports – informative and easy to read reports.
- Keyword rank checker – check your and competition’s keyword rankings.
- SERP checker – deep analysis of SERPs provides meaningful insights into what are top-ranked sites doing.
- Domain overview – discover your and competition’s online strengths and weaknesses.
- Basic – $39 per month or $396 per year ($33 monthly)
- Professional – $78 per month or $696 per year ($58 monthly)
- Team – $299 per month or $2,388 per year ($199 monthly)
SpyFu’s 13+ years of historic data is built into your results so you can see trends over time. That gives you a map to high-performing keywords, ad copy, unique and reputable backlink ideas, and content ideas that create successful search marketing campaigns.
Seobility delivers high-quality information for free. Small websites can gain a wealth of information just using Seobility’s basic tools. Seobility’s on-page crawler allows you to perform a comprehensive SEO site audit by checking more than 300 single parameters. The analysis includes server errors, meta information, URL structure, duplicate content issues, and much more.
- Site auditor – get insight in your website structure and discover all inbound and outbound links.
- Link Building tools – discover and pursue valuable link building opportunities.
- Real-time monitoring – get access to relevant and regularly updated data.
- Whitelabel reporting – deliver customizable reports to your clients.
- SEO checker – test your website for SEO.
- Keyword checker – make sure every page on your website is optimized for the best results.
- Ranking checker – check your rankings for every keyword.
- TD*IDF tool – find out what top-ranked sites are doing and implement best practices on your website.
- Basic – Free
- Premium – $50 per month or $480 per year ($40 monthly)
- Agency – $200 per month or $1,290 per year ($107.5 monthly)
This is only one of Seobility’s suite of free tools. There’s also a Keyword Check and an SEO Compare tool at your disposal. Want more? Seobility offers full website crawling for large websites starting with a free trial for 30 days and $50 each month after.
Majestic is another SEO tool focusing on website crawling. It does well here with powerful backlink tracking and domain analysis, but its reliance on custom metrics is a bit limiting, since outside of its own indexing, the platform doesn’t offer much broader SEO functionality.
- Site explorer – find trustworthy websites for link building.
- Majestic campaigns – track websites and observe metrics.
- Link Context – identify relevant links and see their description.
- Filter report – apply different filters to see the relevant metrics.
- Compare metrics – compare any two websites.
- Competitor analysis – discover the backlink profile of your competitors.
- Lite – $49.99 per month or $499.99 per year ($41.67 monthly)
- Pro – $99.99 per month or $999.99 per year ($83.33 monthly)
- API – $399.99 per month or $3,999.90 per year ($333.33 monthly)
Majestic comes with another great feature for the Best SEO Tools – Link Context. It will empower your strategy because, for every link in the report, you can see whether it is part of a directory, an editorial link, other sites with a link nearby, an estimated page position, and more.
SEOquake is one of the most powerful SEO tools and browser plugin that offers numerous SEO metrics. It is especially useful when it comes to content marketing as it quickly gives detailed information on any website.
- SEObar – get access to an SEO summary on any web page.
- SEO Dashboard – open a lightbox to get access to an SEO overview of a page.
- SERP overlay – analyze SERPs and export data.
- Vast data – choose any of the popular data sources and social media elements.
- Keyword analysis – identify all keywords on a web page.
- SEOQuake is a free SEO checker
It installs as an extension into Google Chrome, Firefox, Opera, or Microsoft Edge. You’ll have access to it on whichever site you land on. It provides insightful data ranging from metrics to internal and external links. SEOQuake can also be used to compare two domains in real-time as the Best SEO Tools.
With the AuthorityLabs Rank Tracker, you can monitor SEO performance with reliable and accurate keyword data. The Rank Tracker allows you to automate local rank tracking and mobile rank tracking with daily reporting — data you can then use to recover organic keywords. You will be able to streamline your SEO monitoring practices and track global, local, and mobile keyword rankings anytime you want. You will also be able to use it to recover organic keywords and fuel your marketing campaign.
- Local rank tracking – track Google rank by country, city and zip code.
- Mobile rank tracking – check mobile rankings every day on all popular search engines.
- Featured snippet tracking – automate featured snippet tracking for specific keywords.
- Competitor monitoring – learn the secret behind competition success.
- Now provided keywords – easily recover not provided keywords in Google Analytics.
- Plus – $49 per month
- Pro – $99 per month
- Pro Plus – $225 per month
- Enterprise – $450 per month
And there you have it — a list of the Best SEO Tools for you to check out in 2020. Have we missed any? Let us know what your favorite SEO tool is in the comments below!