Discover the new BBM for Android and everything it has to offer! We started with the best messaging features on the planet, introduced privacy features to keep you in control, brought you free voice and video calling, and now we’ve added thousands of stickers, free games, news, shopping, vouchers and more. Millions of people around the world have discovered how BBM for Android has changed – Now it’s your turn!
Chat with friends on Android, BlackBerry and iPhone:
- BBM is always on and always connected – no app to open
- Know when messages have been delivered (D’s) and read (R’s)
- Share photos, files, documents, voice notes and more
- See when contacts are responding to your message
- Emoticons for every mood and emotion let you express yourself
BBM for Android lets you protect your privacy. You control it:
- You chose how to share your information – BBM uses PINs instead of phone numbers or email addresses so that it’s more private, and you always control who can contact you
- You chose your contacts – 2-way opt-in means you have control over who is able to message you
Chat and Share with many at once:
- Groups – BBM groups help you share pictures, lists, and appointments with group members. You can even be in a group with people who aren’t part of your own BBM contact list.
- Multi-person chats – Invite multiple contacts to have a chat together.
- Broadcast messages – Send a message to multiple BBM contacts at one time.
Create your own BBM profile:
- Post a profile picture using images, pictures or even animated pictures (GIFs).
- Update your status to let people know what you’re up to or how you feel
Share and be seen with BBM Video
Switch your BBM chat to a BBM Video conversation with just a tap and catch up face-to-face. The new Screen Share feature lets you show photos or your browser, or review a business document. You can even share the view from your camera. Enjoy this new BBM experience on BlackBerry 10 smartphones.
Say it all. BBM for Android, now with Voice
For the times when you want to hear a friend’s laughter instead of reading their LOLs, BBM for Android now comes with BBM Voice.3
Switch your BBM conversation from text to a call and speak to your BBM contacts, from virtually anywhere they are in the world for free over Wi-Fi. You’ll instantly know whenever BBM friends are available to call.
To enjoy BBM Voice, you need to have a BlackBerry smartphone with BlackBerry Device Software v5 or higher. Then simply update to BBM 7 to get the new feature.
Socialize over apps
With BBM connected apps, you can chat with BBM friends within your apps and select BBM contacts right from the app to invite them to join in on the fun or download it.
Facebook, Twitter, BlackBerry Travel app and BlackBerry World are BBM connected apps. So you can share your Facebook status update, Tweet, travel itinerary or apps directly to contacts through BBM, without ever leaving the BBM connected apps.
Why BBM for Android? It’s Way More Than Just Messaging
1. Chatting on BBM for Android is the closest thing to being there in person!
+ Connect via 1-on-1, Group, and even secretly through Private chat
+ Talk away with our free HD quality audio or video calls for those special moments
+ Express yourself with thousands of stickers or your own personalized sticker via BBMoji
+ Share HD images & videos, send voice notes and exchange all types of Documents
+ Shout out your broadcast message to all your contacts or a selected few
+ Customize the chat background to your favorite image or color
+ No second guessing! See when your messages have been ‘D’elivered and ‘R’ead
+ Find your social circles easily on BBM through your phone number
+ Chat from the convenience of your desktop through the link: https://web.bbmessaging.com/
2. Discover BBM: Find localized contents and services for everyday use. There’s something for everyone!
+ The latest news from BBM News, Macleans and more
+ Find thousands of stickers, both static and animated
+ Hundred of free games
+ Call and share an Uber without leaving BBM
+ Follow your favorite football league matches and scores
+ Subscribe to BBM Channels that interest you and receive their posts in your Feeds
+ Create your own channel and build your subscriber numbers to share your thoughts, ideas and passions.
+ Watch live and on demand video with DiscoverTV
3. Privacy features that keeps you secured and in control
+ BBM PIN to Keep your phone number private – customize your PIN up to 32 characters for free
+ Block Contact to prevent someone from sending you messages or invites.
+ Timer to send photos and messages that disappear after a specified time
+ Retract gives you a second chance to take back that photo or message you wish you hadn’t sent*
+ Share your live location and let your contact follow your journey in real time
+ Private chats to be safe from screenshots & prying eyes
4. Feeds – Your personal social network for never missing a beat
+ Update your status with text, image & video to let people know what you’re up to or how you feel
+ Receive notifications on your status so you’ll never miss out on a reaction
+ Like, share and comment to interact with your friends
+ Set your high-quality avatar using images and pictures or even animated pictures (GIFs)
+ Enter your timeline to see a history of all your status and images/videos
Note: Data charges may apply.
* While these features are designed to remove the message or picture the recipient’s BBM chat view, they do not prevent recipients from capturing an image of the content by taking a screenshot or using an image capture device. Retracting a message after it has been read by the recipient will remove the message from the BBM chat view, but will not affect copies of the message that the recipient may have made prior to the message being retracted.
If you haven’t checked recently, it’s about time to get the most up to date version (184.108.40.206). You can find it in Google Play here.