Team up with your buddies – How to Add Friends on PS5
This article teaches you how to add friends on the PlayStation 5 as well as how to find new ones, remove friends and other tips.
What to Know:
- Add Friends through Game Base on PlayStation 5.
- Change your privacy settings in Users and Accounts > Privacy to limit access from others.
- Adding friends makes it easy to play online games together.
How to Add Friends on PS5
It’s simple to add friends on PlayStation 5 and there are plenty of good reasons to do so. Here’s what to do.
Switch your PS5 on and tap the PS button on your DualSense controller.
Tap down to go to the bottom menu.
Select Game Base.
- Scroll down and select View All Friends.
- Scroll to the right and select Search.
Tap down to Search for players.
Type in the friend’s name you wish to add. “You can also add a friend via the Players you may know section which lists mutual friends.
- Select Add Friend when you’ve found the person you wish to add.
- Wait for them to agree to your friend request.
How to Know if Someone Has Added You as a Friend on Playstation 5
Wondering what happens when someone adds you as a friend on PS5? Here’s a quick overview of where to find the friend request.
Select Game Base.
- Select View All Friends.
- Select Friend Requests.
- Any requests someone has made to add you, or a request you’ve made to someone else, will show here, allowing you to add or cancel.
How to Change Your Playstation 5 Privacy Settings
PlayStation friendships don’t have to be all one-way or be too imposing. Here’s how to change your privacy settings so you’ll always feel in control.
These settings are set up automatically when you first set up your PS5, but it’s useful to know how to change them at a later date.
On your PlayStation 5, click Settings.
- Click Users and Accounts.
- Click Privacy.
- Click View and Customize your Privacy Settings. “A faster method can be to choose Adjust Privacy Settings by Choosing a Profile which gives you predefined privacy options.”
- Change your settings according to how private you want your activity to be online.
Reasons to to Add Friends on PS5
New to console gaming or simply haven’t played one since before the internet? You might be wondering why you even want to have friends on your PlayStation 5. There’s a few good reasons why.
- You’ll always have people to play with online. It’s possible to play multiplayer games online with strangers but it’s never as much fun as playing with a buddy. Team up with a friend and you’ll have a lot more fun and generally be more successful too.
- You have someone to talk to. It’s easy to create a party with a friend on your PlayStation 5 and simply chat while you both play different games. It’s a great way of socializing from home.
- You can combine your efforts. Some games offer online achievements which are simply much easier to complete with teamwork. Having a ready group of friends to team up with means you can easily do this whenever’s convenient.