Nokia 6; Nokia’s first Android phone officially Launched
Nokia 6 smartphone was launched in January 2017. The phone comes with a 5.50-inch touchscreen display with a resolution of 1080 pixels by 1920 pixels at a PPI of 403 pixels per inch with 2.5D Gorilla Glass coating.
The Nokia 6 is powered by octa-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 430 processor processor and it comes with 4GB of RAM. The phone packs 64GB of internal storage that can be expanded up to 128GB via a microSD card. As far as the cameras are concerned, the Nokia 6 packs a 16-megapixel primary camera on the rear with f/2.0 aperture and a 8-megapixel front shooter for selfies with f/2.0 aperture for selfies or video calling. The sound output on the smartphone has been further powered by Dolby Atmos.
The Nokia 6 runs Android 7.0 and is powered by a 3000mAh non removable battery, Quick Charge 3.0 replenishes battery power four times faster than conventional charging.. It measures 154.00 x 75.80 x 7.85 (height x width x thickness) . The home button in Nokia 6 doubles up as a fingerprint sensor.
The Nokia 6 is a dual SIM (GSM + CDMA and GSM + CDMA) smartphone that accepts . Connectivity options include GPS, Bluetooth, 3G and 4G. Sensors on the phone include Compass Magnetometer, Proximity sensor, Accelerometer, Ambient light sensor and Gyroscope.
Nokia 6 Specifications:
- 5.5-inch (1920 x 1080 pixels) 2.5D curved glass display with 450 nits brightness, Corning Gorilla Glass 3 protection
- Octa-Core Qualcomm Snapdragon 430 ( 4 x 1.2 GHz Cortex A53 + 4 x 1.5 GHz Cortex A53) 64-bit processor with Adreno 505 GPU
- 4GB LPDDR3 RAM, 64GB internal memory, expandable memory up to 128GB with microSD
- Android 7.0 (Nougat)
- Dual SIM
- 16MP rear camera with dual-tone LED flash, PDAF, 1.0um sensor, f/2.0 aperture
- 8MP front-facing camera, 1.12um sensor, f/2.0 aperture, 84˚ wide-angle lens
- Fingerprint sensor
- 3.5mm audio jack, Dual speakers, Dual smart amplifiers (TFA9891), Dolby Atmos
- Dimensions: 154 x 75.8 x 7.8 mm
- 4G LTE, WiFi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.1, GPS, USB OTG
- 3000mAh built-in battery
In December last year, HMD took over the Nokia feature phone business and under a licensing deal attained rights to use the Nokia brand on all phones and tablets for the next decade. The company will pay Nokia royalties for the brand and patents, but Nokia has no direct investment in HMD.
The phone will launch early this year as a JD.com exclusive. It will be priced at the equivalent of $245 USD. HMD chose China to launch the phone because of the large number of smartphone users (593 million expected in 2017) and because of the high value placed on quality and premium design.